This week I researched more about op amps and how they work in a circuit. To get some hands-on learning, I started putting together a few test setups. I built the ‘famous $5 preamp’ but didn’t have much luck probing things out.
I also bought a pre-built kit by Velleman (similar to this one) that I got put together and probed through a bit this week with my multimeter. In the coming week, I plan to finish probing through the different op amps that I have on hand to figure out exactly which I need to use for this application.
If I get that done early enough in the week, I will start to add other components to my design to help with signal regulation and filtering.